200g lamb or pork mince
½ onion, finely diced
½ clove garlic
1 small chilli flakes
1 tsp sweet paprika
1 tsp sumac
1 tsp coriander ground
1 tsp cumin ground
75ml olive oil
2 pita or mountain bread 10 inch
Hummus to serve (chick peas, garlic, lemon, tahini, olive oil)
500g yoghurt – sheep's or thick Greek
2 sprigs mint – spearmint
¼ bunch coriander
Chef: Gary Mehigan
1. Fry the onions in a little of the olive oil, add the spices and cook out for 2 minutes.
2. Cool and add to the minced lamb with a salt and pepper. Add a little chopped fresh coriander & mint.
3. Form onto skewers, drizzle with olive oil and grill until golden and just cooked.
4. Peel the cucumber and cut into long strips, pick the remaining mint and coriander and reserve aside.
5. Warm the pitas and spread a good dollop of humus onto the bread, place a couple of strips of cucumber, coriander and mint into the wrap.
6. Place the kofta on top; add a dollop of thick yogurt and another few sprigs of coriander a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil and a squeeze of lemon. Eat!!!
* This information was sourced from '9am with David and Kim'