160g pasta (spaghetti, penne, fettuccine or fusilli)
2 tablespoons pine nuts
1 teaspoon olive oil
1 clove garlic, crushed
1 medium zucchini, sliced
10 medium mushrooms, sliced
1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano leaves
12 cherry tomatoes
Pinch sea salt
3/4 cup fresh basil leaves
60g low-fat ricotta cheese
Prep time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 10 mins
1. Cook the pasta in a large saucepan of boiling water according to packet instructions or until al dente. Drain and keep warm.
2. Heat a large non-stick pan over medium heat. Add pine nuts and toss continuously for 2 minutes until lightly brown; remove from pan and set aside.
3. In the same pan, heat the oil then add garlic, zucchini, mushrooms and 1 teaspoon oregano; cook for 2 minutes.
4. Add the tomatoes, salt and ®ˆ cup basil; cook for a further 2 minutes. Add the pasta to the pan and mix well; cook for an additional minute. If the mixture looks dry, add a few tablespoons of water to moisten it.
5. Transfer pasta to serving bowls and crumble with ricotta, pine nuts, oregano and remaining basil.