Fish, any type, raw, 1 average fillet(s), eg. snapper, cod, bream
Soba noodles, uncooked, 30 g
Mixed vegetables, any type, 1 cup(s), eg. snow peas, beans, spinach, zucchini, carrot, sprouts
Miso/soya bean paste, 1 teaspoon(s)
Mirin, 1 teaspoon(s)
Sesame oil, 1 teaspoon(s)
Lime juice, 2 teaspoon(s)
Sesame seeds, white, 0.5 teaspoon(s)
Honey, 1 teaspoon(s)
Preparation time: 3 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
1. Place the miso, mirin, sesame oil and lime juice in a bowl and whisk to a smooth paste. Place half of the paste in a separate bowl and whisk in the honey. Set this aside for the dressing.
2. Spread the remaining paste (without honey) over the fish fillet. Set aside at room temperature.
3. Meanwhile, bring a pot of salted water to the boil, add the soba noodles and cook for 2 minutes. Mix in the vegetables and cook for a further 2 minutes. Drain and set aside.
4. Heat a non-stick frying pan to a medium heat. Cook the fish for 2 minutes each side, or until cooked through (times may vary depending on the thickness of the fillet). Add a little water to the pan to help cook the fish if it’s too dry.
5. Remove from the heat and rest for 2 minutes.
6. Place the cooked noodles and vegetables in a serving bowl. Drizzle over the reserved dressing and place the cooked fish on top. Sprinkle over some sesame seeds and serve with extra lime wedges.
TIP: Why not try this recipe with beef, pork, chicken, tofu or prawns?
412 calories per serve